This is the site for the print newsletter Copy Editor: Language News for the Publishing Profession (available in print only). The site focuses on American English and features:
- updates on usage and style
- answers to sticky copy-editing questions
- new words
- reviews of reference books for editors
- editors’ opinions on arbitrary points of usage
- interviews with linguists and lexicographers
- excerpts from house stylebooks
The Slot: A Spot for Copy Editors.
This site is fun reading. Bill Walsh, whose day job is copy chief for the Washington Post, uses his web site to offer useful, opinionated, sharp advice on many style issues. Sections include:
- The Curmudgeon’s Stylebook
- Sharp Points
- What Exactly is a Copy Editor?
- About this Site
- About the Author.